Dates: April 22-24, 2016
- Event will be the first Team USA Sanctioned Competitor-Controlled format competition
- Draw presentation with catered finger foods and drink will be on the evening of Friday April 22nd located at the Ramada Inn, State College PA
- ALL of the rules and format questions will be answered in detail
- Fishing two sessions on Saturday April 23rd and two sessions on Sunday April 24th
- There will be no official Closing Ceremony on Sunday after the event but for anyone who wants to meet back at the Ramada where the results will be announced and winners will receive medals
- Organizer - Kalvin Kaloz - phone: (717) 512-2288 | email: email@example.com
- Limited to 24 anglers, Competitor-Controlled, Fee will be $125.00
- Event Registration, Auto Draw, and Scoring will take place using FlyComps.com
- This event is planned to be 3 Rivers and 1 Lake Competition.
Venues: (Fishing will take place at the following locations):
Upper Spring Creek, Benner Spring Section: Benner Spring Hatchery, PA
Permitted Area: is 1.5 miles upstream of the large parking lot just below Benner Hatchery
Lower Spring Creek, Milesburg Section: Milesburg, PA
Permitted Area: is 1.5 miles upstream of the confluence of Bald Eagle River (town of Milesburg, PA)
Little Juniata River: Spruce Creek PA
Permitted Area: the Bridge that crosses the river in the town of Spruce Creek, upstream 1.5 miles
Lake Perez: Stone Valley Recreation Area
Permitted Area: 72 acre lake with rented row boats
Back Up Venues: Big Fishing Creek and Penns Creek. Venues subject to change based on permits and water conditions.
- River competition venues are closed to fishing by competitors starting on March 1st, 2016 and the Lake will remain open through the 21st of April.
- Practice water is open to any of the areas not mentioned above. Specific practice areas TBA
Transportation and Travel:
- No transportation will be provided. Please make your own arrangements for getting to and from the venues.
- A designated spot will be identified to meet in the morning and once there, carpooling can be arranged for during the competition.
- Airports: Harrisburg IA and State College Regional
- Host Hotel: Ramada Inn, State College PA (centrally located to all venues)
- Rm Rates and promotion code
- Draw Presentation will have dinner time, TBA
- Lunches will NOT be provided (logistics with comp controlled events are difficult enough let alone coordinate lunches)
Fee: Cost per angler will be $125
Registration will open on February 8th at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time. The first 24 competitors will be accepted and notified. You will have 24 hours from confirmation of entry to submit your registration fee via PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org or you will lose your spot to the next angler on the list.
A waiver will also be required to be completed prior to the competition.
- You must have a PA fishing license and Trout Stamp to fish in the competition. We will check with competitors at the competition meeting. These can be purchased online, or at State College TCO, prior to the competition.